Why do ya'll keep changing my battle record?

Discuss what ever is on your mind, the only rule is that you leave the hip hop talk to the other forums. Want to know what others are watching on TV, this is where you'd ask.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Dynamiq
Rap Assassin
Wins: 5
Losses: 4

Why do ya'll keep changing my battle record?

Post by Dynamiq »

how did it change from 4-2 to 4-3 when i havent battled after the rugged battle?

i swear ya'll really be fucking with my battles and record for no reason.
All Audio Battle Record
8-0-8
Brandon Heat (KO)
Falix (KO)
KraZyLyrical (KO)
Yasii(KO)
Led Poison(KO)
Jay 3rd (KO)
Demo (KO)
Pdubz (KO)
M.Flight (KO)
All Time Text Record
[89-15-81]
Loon E Lou
Fuck You, Pay Me
Wins: 11
Losses: 6

Re: Why do ya'll keep changing my battle record?

Post by Loon E Lou »

i think theyre counting a "no show" from the tourny dawg. from what ive seen
Kuhlerblynd
But I See Right Thru You
Wins: 43
Losses: 8
No Shows: 2

Post by Kuhlerblynd »

Thats why it was changed, because you signed up for the tournament and had forever to post your verse.

But if its that big of a deal, then it can be changed back. Its no problem... I mean, who knows if you actually read the part about when the match ups would be put up in the sign up thread.
--~Murk McNasty~--
Battle WRECKord 42-8
LogiK
Rhyme Master
Wins: 3
Losses: 2

Post by LogiK »

If dynamiq gets losses removed from his record for no showing tournaments/battles, so should everyone else. I don't think this guy should have any special treatment. You would also have to remove the win, given to his opponent he no showed, which means the verse he/she posted would be a waste..

I'm not trying to escalate matters, but it's evident this guy deserved his loss. He has no showed more than one tournament anyways, so I'm not too sure what the problem is..
ScottJames
Army Of Three
Wins: 25
Losses: 3
No Shows: 1

Post by ScottJames »

i agree^^ my only loss was to cee4 my second "loss" was a no show i guess... there should be a noshow category
WINS:
Ekmos - KO ... Duc3 - KO ... Jesodist - KO ... MagicMark - KO ... Animul_Instinkz - KO ... Old Rotten - KO ... Dr Kevorkian - KO ... Ambition - KO ... Eclipse - KO ... Domino - 5-3 ... Crimson - KO ... MC Scars - KO ... Modern Defiance - KO ... Tempest - KO ... QwarterZ - KO ... TreTru - KO ... Quix - KO ... Grim/Leeroi Green - KO ... Knowmad - KO ... Cre@tiv3 - KO ... MVario - TKO ... Hazard - KO ... ER - KO ... Colossus - KO ... FlipSide - KO ... JackDaRippa - KO ... JSteel - KO ... Kau The Lion - KO ... 32Neilz - KO ... Evolution - TKO ... Shazo - KO ... CBK - KO
LOSSES:
Cee4 - 5-3
OVERALL:
31-1
Alvin
Sudonim Free
Wins: 8
Losses: 3
No Shows: 1

Post by Alvin »

Well, I agree to an extent.

If the dude NO SHOWED after checking in... well then hell yeah, give him the fucking L.

But... If he never even checked into the battle, completely oblivious that it started... why an L?

A wasted verse..? Well yeah, common sense says dont drop your shit until you see they've checked, cuz if they havent, well you just might be wasting it. But if there was a check then DROP, for a win on a no show.

I dont give a shit either way, but that might be the reasoning behind murk taking back the L he once gave Dynamiq.

If you check and no show... L
Kuhlerblynd
But I See Right Thru You

Post by Kuhlerblynd »

I'll see if there is a way for me to put in a no show catagory

Not sure if everyone realizes this or not, but this could be a real pain in the ass to do all the research as far as getting everyone's records straightened out.

I might just have to put up a thread and make everyone else show me where their own no shows were put up, that way I'm not having to do all this digging myself.

I'll get back to everyone on this.
--~Murk McNasty~--
Battle WRECKord 42-8
Kurse
(Admin)
Wins: 27
Losses: 0

Post by Kurse »

Rules are rules. Since illestlyrics started, the rule was no matter if it's a 1-on-1 text battle, or a battle in a tourney, that if a person didn't show up to a battle that they agreed to participate in, then they have to accept a loss onto their record. The only time a loss is reversed is if a particular battle was being reviewed by admin because of possible bogus votes or because a DQ was found. Other than that...your record is your record. If you can't commit...then don't sign-up in the first place.

Me? I've missed out on 90% of the tourneys on illest because I'm so busy with music outside in real life, that I can't always commit to whats going on here on the web. So I just don't sign-up. I don't want to say that I'm going to do it and then take a loss if something came up and I wasnt able to. So for my records sake...it's better safe then sorry. So I don't put my name in the hat. Commitment is a choice. So if you sign-up and don't appear for something that others are expecting you to show face for...then expect it to effect your record.

I'm sure Plex and the other admin will agree on this. It's been discussed before.
Kuhlerblynd
But I See Right Thru You

Post by Kuhlerblynd »

Kurse wrote:Rules are rules. Since illestlyrics started, the rule was no matter if it's a 1-on-1 text battle, or a battle in a tourney, that if a person didn't show up to a battle that they agreed to participate in, then they have to accept a loss onto their record. The only time a loss is reversed is if a particular battle was being reviewed by admin because of possible bogus votes or because a DQ was found. Other than that...your record is your record. If you can't commit...then don't sign-up in the first place.

AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM PREACHING ABOUT!!!

These people signed up for the tournament, and were given the date the tourney would start AND were told if they no showed that it would not be tolerated AND they were given a week+ to post their verse.
--~Murk McNasty~--
Battle WRECKord 42-8
Dynamiq
Rap Assassin
Wins: 5
Losses: 4

Post by Dynamiq »

yeah i been doing the same thing as you kurse i just totally forgot i signed up. as soon as i posted this i talked to people in the chat and found out so it's all good.
All Audio Battle Record
8-0-8
Brandon Heat (KO)
Falix (KO)
KraZyLyrical (KO)
Yasii(KO)
Led Poison(KO)
Jay 3rd (KO)
Demo (KO)
Pdubz (KO)
M.Flight (KO)
All Time Text Record
[89-15-81]
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
Losses: 14

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

in the end it's just a battle record that only people on illest lyrics would ever see, and those who know would remember u just didn't show up, i've had like 4 or more no shows put against me on my record for weather issues which nobody can control and i've also won against a no show or two as well, either way.. its just a number that means little to nothing :dance:

Return to “The Lounge”