Explain Yo Screen Name

Discuss what ever is on your mind, the only rule is that you leave the hip hop talk to the other forums. Want to know what others are watching on TV, this is where you'd ask.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

The Gonz
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 1
Losses: 2000

Explain Yo Screen Name

Post by The Gonz »

After reading the "Fuck your 3 letter name" thread in Fight Club, I got to wondering how/why/where yall got your screen names from and what the fuck some of them mean. Explain.

Ruckus is my nickname. My last name is very similar in spelling and I have been called it throughout most of my adult life, starting in high school and in the military due to some of my behaviors and my genuinely sarcastic demeanor. Always trying to stir shit up and see how people react... causin a Ruckus.
Kuhlerblynd
But I See Right Thru You
Wins: 43
Losses: 8
No Shows: 2

Re: Explain Yo Screen Name

Post by Kuhlerblynd »

Kuhlerblynd was my nickname from battling in high school and shit. Stuck with me forever. Lots of people still call me that.

Murk McNasty is actually a gamer name I made up, from back in the original Halo days. Dont sure why I'd thought to use it here, but I did. I guess cuz I view battling as more of a game now, when before I was much more serious about it.
--~Murk McNasty~--
Battle WRECKord 42-8
complexity
Elevated
Wins: 48
Losses: 15

Post by complexity »

Complexity.

Me and ekoms aka evolution were talking on a chat client and he said that I needed a new name.

I thought of myself as complicated which was a word that I used often.

So I said, why not complexity.

He said, is that even a word?

Check out our Vapes for great prices.
MesaR
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 26
Losses: 35

Post by MesaR »

When i signed up to illest my name was freeflo,

Now i'm sequence, because its cooler 8)
..Fuck that gay shit you say on a beat..
Kau the Lion
Boobs Indeed
Wins: 29
Losses: 10

Post by Kau the Lion »

Kau is my last name. The Lion comes from the quote "I'd rather live one day as a lion than a thousand years as a lamb." Specifically inspired by the group One Day as a Lion.
K KiLLaH
Rap King
Wins: 20
Losses: 5

Post by K KiLLaH »

^^ I like that

Anyways K KiLLaH , My 1st names Keith shorten it down to K...add a verb .... apply it to rhyming.. K KiLLz everything I get on.... make it a noun .. K KiLLaH .....this year has been GOOD yr for me dabbling in the actually music and studio aspectz of rap .....THERES A LOT OF CRITICS...... so now Im thinking of changing the meaning behind K to Kritic KiLLaH or at least thats the name of the project Im working on now you'll hear a lot of references in my music about KiLLing Kritics .... Be on the watch!!
JDR
Da Punchline King
Wins: 48
Losses: 3
No Shows: 3

Post by JDR »

I didn't pick Jack Da Rippa. I battled a lot when I first came and kind of juss stuck wit it cos anytime I really felt like changing it I had a battle goin' on and don't believe in that cos they were usually a lot of plays wit my name at first. Otherwise, I don't really care what name I type under so it's not that big ah deal. I will change it sooner or later tho so what I'm use to goin' by.
Battle Record
40-2
2010 Awards
Illest Battler || Illest Punchline Artist || Battle of the Year -vs- Cee4
Riggz
Rap King
Wins: 16
Losses: 8

Post by Riggz »

Riggz - cause i'm a big fella
aL-b - Short for Albert (fuk yall!)
ILL Flow - thieves-vt15638.html
aka aL-b
"SHMUKS"
REBIRTH of the FIGHT CLUB... Say it with me!
The Gonz
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 1
Losses: 2000

Post by The Gonz »

Lol fat albert

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Colossus
Rhyme Master
Wins: 7
Losses: 2

Post by Colossus »

My name is Cole....add a bit and it's the name of my avy.

I usually go by Coleon though. It was my name in spanish class (usually meaning colon but I pronounce it differently) and when I started listening to Big L I thought he was saying it. He really said Corleone but I liked it so I used it on my first rap forum and so I usually use it now.

When I get decent at audio I'll probably change it and leave my internet past in the rear view though lol.

Kau's name is pretty sick not gonna lie.
Last edited by Colossus on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
~The Champ Must Demand Greatness From Himself Or Be Another Contender~
IntrinsicCadence
Hong Kong Phooey
Wins: 3
Losses: 3

Post by IntrinsicCadence »

About 8-9 years ago I started freestyling pretty much daily, someone said I had an ill cadence, I responded by saying it was intrinsic to my nature, and thus was born Intrinsic Cadence. No connection to my given name (which is Javad by the way). Intrinsic Cadence disappeared for a bit when me and a friend formed a crew called Cool-Calm-Collected, but returned again a couple years thereafter. It's a long name to go by I know, but it sums up the goal of what and why I write and flow.
2xS
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 2

Post by 2xS »

Well, It Started Off At 15 As South Side Mexican. Similar To South Park Mexican, A Houston Rapper. He Basically Showed Me Mexicans Can Get Into The Game Pretty Good and Build A Rep, So I Wanted To Sorda Follow That Path And I Made That My Name As A Nod To him. Rather Than Just Rep South Park, I Wanted Ta Rep Tha South Side As A Whole. After Going By This For 5 Years, I Got Tired With Gettin The Constant Comparison's To Mexican Gangs And Being Told I'm Just Trying To Ride Off his Success, I Opted To Change My Name Ta Double S, Which Jus Stands For South Side. Then I Became Aware That There's A Double S In England Or London, who Has A Well Built Rep. I Didn't Want The Same Situation Popping up, So I Decided To Come Up With a Creative Way To Spell It. Hence, 2xS. Seeing How x Represents Multiplication, It Says 2 x(times) S. Which Again Breaks Down Into Double S LOL. I also Think It Would Make A Pretty Creative NecklacePendant For Sometime Down the Road
. . .If It Ain't Audio, Don't Ask Me To Vote. . .
http://www.reverbnation.com/2xsdoubles
Dana Riot
Dedicated Emcee

Post by Dana Riot »

Dana's my name and 'The Riot' is my nickname. Diva or Dana the Diva is just another little nickname people call me from time to time, I've had a lot of nicknames haha.
Momeijah
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 38
Losses: 7

Post by Momeijah »

Cause Bill was talking about some store called Meijer and for some reason I was gonna change my name to Moe. So I was like hey... Moe Meijer, that's cool.

AKA SCOTCH HALL, MOE MEIJER & MOMEIJAH.
Omega Bill
Unstoppable Emcee
Wins: 23
Losses: 17

Post by Omega Bill »

Started off as WildBill because it was my nickname all through High School. I was a big partier and my first names William, so Wild Bill just stuck.

Alpha Bill/Omega Bill - Just adding Alpha or Omega to my name because I liked the way it sounded.

Return to “The Lounge”