Am I The Only Who Thinks This

Discuss what ever is on your mind, the only rule is that you leave the hip hop talk to the other forums. Want to know what others are watching on TV, this is where you'd ask.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Audible Thought
Rhyme Master
Losses: 2

Am I The Only Who Thinks This

Post by Audible Thought »

I ain't a hater, and I know some ppl just write and not record. But am i the only who thinks that on rap forums people over-criticize the structures of a verse? What i mean by that, is that if it aint filled with a shit load of multi's and 4 syllable rhyme's, some people find it to be too 'simple' or 'average'. Don't get me wrong I find some of those verses dope, but if you really try to record like 18 syllable bars with a shit load of multis and 4-5 syllable words, you're gunna struggle unless you are really good. Look at your favorite rappers lyrics and you'll see what i mean. This is just my 2 cents, im bored.
"Until we're all free fuck the world pass the weed, life ain't what it seems y'all we chasin fantasies"-Lastchild [R.I.P]
Kau the Lion
Boobs Indeed
Wins: 29
Losses: 10

Re: Am I The Only Who Thinks This

Post by Kau the Lion »

I totally agree. I think syllables are more important than multies as far as flow is concerned. Sometimes you have to drop a multi you think is dope to make it flow proper.
FlipSide
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

Post by FlipSide »

I Agree With u Bro.. i can Spit Everything I Write And If I Want Too I Can Write Dope In Accodance To What Textcees Write But It Dilutes My Delivery And Breath Control.. So Im Keeping It Simple For Now... But It Does not Go To Say That People Cant Spit Those 18 Syllable Words They Write.. It Will Jus Take Them For Ever To Fit Thap Paragraf In One Musical Bar... Which Is Why I Always Write To A Beat.. Sometimes I Finish Bars in The Middle And Keep It Going Because I Write My Multies How i Would Say Them...Which Does Not Translate To Perfectly Counted Syllables In Text... And Then The Way U Say Things And Spell Them Can Also Make Or Break A Rhyme... So Yes.. Its A Line Of Which I Have Talked ABout For Ages... But People That Can Walk That Line And Drop Everything Tight..Spit Or Written...Has To Get Madd Credit.. Double The Work Id Say
BANG BANG!!!! I Shot U Down
̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪•)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ -
Munteskue_lol
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 4
Losses: 5

Post by Munteskue_lol »

l;sm
Last edited by Munteskue_lol on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lawgix
The Aphilliated Assasin
Wins: 14
Losses: 8

Post by Lawgix »

Audible Thought wrote:I ain't a hater, and I know some ppl just write and not record. But am i the only who thinks that on rap forums people over-criticize the structures of a verse? What i mean by that, is that if it aint filled with a shit load of multi's and 4 syllable rhyme's, some people find it to be too 'simple' or 'average'. Don't get me wrong I find some of those verses dope, but if you really try to record like 18 syllable bars with a shit load of multis and 4-5 syllable words, you're gunna struggle unless you are really good. Look at your favorite rappers lyrics and you'll see what i mean. This is just my 2 cents, im bored.
Thank You!!!! yeah i may SUCK at battling... but i can make a pretty damn good song... its just the way i write... n i don't do a lot of the shit that Illest "expects" to see... why? CUZ I DON'T WRITE!!! i am an audio artist... yes even audio artists makes shitty tunes but thats the fun about Recording Music... is that YOU CAN CHANGE IT IF IT SUCKS!!!!... (unless ur producer is lazy n says "its a keeper!") theres a few people on here that are like that... that look for structure... why work on my structure when it COULD possibly fuck up the way i write for audio? cuz if you read their verses and get a beat goin or have somebody count the tempo then their shit NEVER fits to a beat...
Don't Let The Game Make U, Make Urself

Lawgix

Illest Radio

"Sometimes You Gotta Stand By Your Failures To Recognize Your Success" Joe Budden

pest wrote:You look Easy... Whats Good?
AntiMaTTer wrote:lmao ...is this how you hit on all the chicks?
Munteskue_lol
Elite Freestyler
Losses: 5

Post by Munteskue_lol »

Last edited by Munteskue_lol on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlipSide
Flow Creation
Flow Creation

Post by FlipSide »

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...... I Never Made A Thread About This Cuz i Figured No One Would Respect it...But I See We All Agree
Audible Thought
Rhyme Master
Losses: 2

Post by Audible Thought »

Im glad i brought this up. When i started writing i used to just write and never actually try to flow it, and my verses had complex schemes and vocabulary. But when i tried to spit it i couldnt, and i really wanted to start spitting. I wouldn't say I dumbed down my lyrics, i just restructured my verses so they fit my style of delivery and flow. You can say i started spitting from the heart and not the mind. My goal as an emcee is to develop a more complex rhyme scheme and have some dope over the top vocab, and over the years it has gotten better and will only get better.

In the end I ain't putting anyone down, this topic is intended to the up and coming emcees such as myself, for us to realize that structure is not the main ingredient. Spitting from the heart with your natural flow is what we should focus on. Once the flow is improving i find that you can use higher syllable words and different patterns.
"Until we're all free fuck the world pass the weed, life ain't what it seems y'all we chasin fantasies"-Lastchild [R.I.P]
FlipSide
Flow Creation
Flow Creation

Post by FlipSide »

"I Point Out That Realness is Realer Then Structure"
I Said That Then Stopped Text Writing
I Think Its in One Of My Early Audios
Lawgix
The Aphilliated Assasin
Wins: 14
Losses: 8

Post by Lawgix »

i'd rather HEAR somebodies structure more than read it... cuz i don't wanna sit there n read what somebody has to say cuz it doesn't impact the same way... i'd rather hear it in an audio!!!
Don't Let The Game Make U, Make Urself

Lawgix

Illest Radio

"Sometimes You Gotta Stand By Your Failures To Recognize Your Success" Joe Budden

pest wrote:You look Easy... Whats Good?
AntiMaTTer wrote:lmao ...is this how you hit on all the chicks?
QwarterZ
Rap Professional
Losses: 9

Post by QwarterZ »

I don't correct anything I put down to be honest
I mean if I REALLY took time to write somethin' it might be classic shit
but you know, no drive...well I got drive to write and write
but you know........just no point if no ones goin' to feed it

:oops:
complexity
Elevated
Wins: 48
Losses: 15

Post by complexity »

Very few people on forums write with more multis than an AZ or a Kool G Rap.

Most use about the same type of scheme as a Joe Budden or a Crooked i, which lends itself to being easy to deliver.

That being said. As long as it has flow and actually says something that interests me, I'll forget about the complexity of the scheme, if it lacks content, then I'm going to focus on the rest.

Check out our Vapes for great prices.
FlipSide
Flow Creation
Flow Creation

Post by FlipSide »

I honestly don't see what the controversy is though. But structure in a text verse is a lot while battling. Everyone isn't going to read the verse you write the same exact way you do. And as I've said numerous times to numerous people, "I can't find the flow anywhere on this but, if you wrote it to a beat post the beat and I'll look at it again."
i Agree To That.... And To The multies To Some Extent.... i Just Use My Syllables Differently.. Especially if I Try To Spit Off The Top..As Of Way To Stay on Beat.. And To Make Bars Fit It Helps.. But Theres People That I Seem Spit Real Dope And Write With No Stucture At All.. It Puzzles me Maybe Cuz Ive Seen And Been On Sites Where Structure Is A Main Make it Or Break it Thing.... So Im kind Of Stuck In The Middle... Yes STUCK... I Think My Material Was better Before I Got Technical Cuz Everything Would Just Come Out And Ill Just Keep Wrtitng Till i Fall Out The Zone... Now i Write And ...Reread it And Be Like Nahh That Does not Fir.. The Dilute It For The Sake Of Structure.. i Know Dudes like Plex n Rugged make Shit Look Ez.. but I Think It Comes With Experience.. Tho U Never Heard Them Spit At All... Tho By Reading They Shit I Can See How Ez It Is To Spit It... But Thats When The Audio Comes In And Fucks Shit Up...
FlipSide
Flow Creation
Flow Creation

Post by FlipSide »

I honestly don't see what the controversy is though. But structure in a text verse is a lot while battling. Everyone isn't going to read the verse you write the same exact way you do. And as I've said numerous times to numerous people, "I can't find the flow anywhere on this but, if you wrote it to a beat post the beat and I'll look at it again."
i Agree To That.... And To The multies To Some Extent.... i Just Use My Syllables Differently.. Especially if I Try To Spit Off The Top..As Of Way To Stay on Beat.. And To Make Bars Fit It Helps.. But Theres People That I Seem Spit Real Dope And Write With No Stucture At All.. It Puzzles me Maybe Cuz Ive Seen And Been On Sites Where Structure Is A Main Make it Or Break it Thing.... So Im kind Of Stuck In The Middle... Yes STUCK... I Think My Material Was better Before I Got Technical Cuz Everything Would Just Come Out And Ill Just Keep Wrtitng Till i Fall Out The Zone... Now i Write And ...Reread it And Be Like Nahh That Does not Fir.. The Dilute It For The Sake Of Structure.. i Know Dudes like Plex n Rugged make Shit Look Ez.. but I Think It Comes With Experience.. Tho U Never Heard Them Spit At All... Tho By Reading They Shit I Can See How Ez It Is To Spit It... But Thats When The Audio Comes In And Fucks Shit Up...
complexity
Elevated
Wins: 48
Losses: 15

Post by complexity »

Yezzir wrote:Uhh Fastest rapper in the world can spit 20 syllables a second. There's many rappers that do it. Such as all of Bone Thugs. Twister also does. But you know why they do it!? To hide that they suck lyrically. You don't need to spit fast as hell to make something dope. I know I can deliver everything I write. Is it too complex? No. I don't think anyone over does it here. Only person I've seen drop a verse with nothing but multies is Scott James. And that was pretty much just to show off I do believe.

But if you think there's artists that don't write with multies and deliver them precisely I think you needa listen to more music. Because if you wanna be technical even pop artists and country artists use multies. Lmao
Thank you. You said everything that I was to lazy to.

This is a great discussion though. Props on making the thread.

Check out our Vapes for great prices.

Return to “The Lounge”