Book Idea

Discuss what ever is on your mind, the only rule is that you leave the hip hop talk to the other forums. Want to know what others are watching on TV, this is where you'd ask.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Dead Silence
God's Given Curse
Wins: 6
Losses: 34

Book Idea

Post by Dead Silence »

I wanna write a book about life experiences and my outlook on certain situations. Can anyone please give me certain REAL LIFE situation that have happened to you or someone you know. It can be anything. You can also give me questions that i can go off of. You can comment or send me a message if you like. No names will be mentioned in it. I'm just looking for help because i would really like to do this. I'm being dead serious about this and only want SERIOUS responses.
anyideas?
Faith
JDR
Da Punchline King
Wins: 48
Losses: 3
No Shows: 3

Re: Book Idea

Post by JDR »

Is your book going to be about a bunch of life experiences or are you looking for details from a life expereience to base a book around?
Battle Record
40-2
2010 Awards
Illest Battler || Illest Punchline Artist || Battle of the Year -vs- Cee4
Momeijah
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 38
Losses: 7

Post by Momeijah »

Ok im Not Trying To Hate Or Bust ur Bubble Or Anything.

But Who The Fuck Do u Think u Are ? ur Not Special. To Quote Fight Club 'u Are Not a Beautiful Or Unique Snowflake, u Are The Same Decaying Organic Matter as Everything Else'. Who Are u in This World That People Will Actually Give Enough Of a Fuck To Waste Their Time Reading ur Views ?

This is a Serious Response, Think it Through And Answer Me Seriously.

AKA SCOTCH HALL, MOE MEIJER & MOMEIJAH.
Dead Silence
God's Given Curse

Post by Dead Silence »

Jack-a bunch of different

Dom- I take no offense. i know what you mean, but i'm not doing this for fame and glory or anything like that. It's a way for me to vent and get my word out. Does anyone really give a fuck about my views? probably not. But that didnt stop alot of other people who have done wrote books like this. i cant give any examples for ya but im sure there is some out there. i think that my views can help some people. i mean im sure theres alot of others out there just like me that has all of these different views and philosophies. This is just an idea ive had in mind for some time and i dont have shit to do ever and this would take up a bunch of my time that i have free. and the fight club quote. i couldnt agree more. thats for every single person in this world. but what if accomplished people who ever they are,famed by whatever they did thought "hey my opinion or idea might not matter because i'm notthing special. so fuck it i wont even attempt it." alot of ideas that turned out big would have never been done if they thought like that. i thought exactly what u said dom. who would care? and i came to the final thought. I DONT CARE who will and will not care about what i have to say. It's just me going out on a limb. and if it's a success that hells yeah. if it isnt than it was failure. i have no big plan for this. its just something i wanna do and a way to exercise my brain. to get me thinking.
Faith
QwarterZ
Rap Professional
Wins: 4
Losses: 9

Post by QwarterZ »

if your going to write a book, you gotta put all your time into it
start by going all the way up to the right hand corner with your mouse
then 1yaself, after that, start your book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MOEstradamus
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 7
Losses: 6

Post by MOEstradamus »

writing a books is fun i have enjoyed doing it before but like domino said unless you have something special you have nothing to offer... but write it still who cares if no one reads it but yo bro you need to know a lot more then i think you do. You have to put things in pictures through your words. You cant just say i was walking down the street at night its a boring picture you need to make the reader see everything the wind the weather then neighborhood everything. and like you said to dom idk any right now but i know they are out there that is not good you have to know everything you getting into if you dont and dont want to learn it then dont waste your time
complexity
Elevated
Losses: 15

Post by complexity »

Almost everything in this thread is hilarious.

A) Have you ever even read a serious book out of pure curiosity?

B) Did you seriously just say that you want to write a memoir at "18?"

C) Writing a book is not fun. Anyone who says so is lying or is incapable of critiquing their own prose at any level. When it comes to writing, the better you are, the longer it takes to write excellence because you can see your mistakes.

D) Have you ever even wrote 10 pages that was featured prominently or reviewed by someone with some sort of journalism experience.

E) Honestly. Come back to reality, its not so bad here.

That is all prefacing the fact that your story is probably boring as hell. Think about it this way. Thousands of students graduate from highschool and travel the world for a year. Many of these students are put in threatening situations, immerse themselves in diverse cultures, and see things that are awe inspiring, beautiful, and frightening. Of course, they come home and inevitably write a book about it. The problem is, that's not even unique, because so many people have done that. When was the last time that you read a book about someone who traveled all across the world or even saw a movie based on that book. You haven't.

You better be Mark Twain if you want someone to be interested in your culture or a damn good rapper because its not happening through a book. Nobody would even by that book if Nas wrote it.

If you want to do something interesting. Learn how to write well, I'm not just speaking grammatically. Go to school or self teach yourself the craft of writing, that is something none of us can learn simply by just typing on forums or a white piece of paper.

Why not just create a blog?

Check out our Vapes for great prices.
complexity
Elevated

Post by complexity »

ThaOneYouHate wrote:
complexity wrote: Nobody would even by that book if Nas wrote it.
LMAO @ Everything you just wrote. But, me and you both know, if Nas wrote that book you would buy it. Don't lie Plex. It's ok.
Nas couldn't write it anyway. He dropped out in like first grade.

Haz
Supreme Lyricist
Wins: 67
Losses: 70

Post by Haz »

Do It.

Take clips out of newspapers & what not and just Work with your Imagination.
I Mean it might take you a while and what not, But if your going to try N write a Book u need to figure out your structure first...

you can do anything you put your mind 2 .. so do it
MOEstradamus
Flow Creation
Flow Creation

Post by MOEstradamus »

Nas couldn't write it anyway. He dropped out in like first grade

lmao classic

but yo plex writing a book to me is fun granted ive never wrote a novel or even tried to write a book that big but I have wrote a lot of short stories and other things of that nature. I think my max has been 22 pages of typing on a computer i started it my senior year and finished it in 6 months it was hard to do but when i finished it. It wasnt the best it actually sucked i just had fun. also i consider myself a scholar. I love to learn and experience new things so that kind of stuff is fun to me. but your right its probably not fun to most people and i have never tried to write anything like a novel that is a project i will go for when im finished with my college and degrees.
Dead Silence
God's Given Curse

Post by Dead Silence »

Yeah I've read a few books. and what not. and all of this stuff you just put plex...well ive heard it before in one way or another. this is just what i want to do. whether itll be a sucess or not isnt the case. do some rappers just write to make it into a big hit single and what not? no. sometimes they do what they want to do no matter the outcome... i didnt come on illest to ask of anyones opinion good or bad. i came to illest to get ideas.
Faith
complexity
Elevated

Post by complexity »

Dead Silence wrote:Yeah I've read a few books. and what not. and all of this stuff you just put plex...well ive heard it before in one way or another. this is just what i want to do. whether itll be a sucess or not isnt the case. do some rappers just write to make it into a big hit single and what not? no. sometimes they do what they want to do no matter the outcome... i didnt come on illest to ask of anyones opinion good or bad. i came to illest to get ideas.
Feeling limitless is great. I agree with Hazard that you should able to try anything you want. But disappointment and failure can be a bitter pill to follow. The artists that succeed, get lucky, or just have talent, that's one thing. The amount that fail, end up crushed, and turn to the streets, that's a much bigger number.

Dead Silence
God's Given Curse

Post by Dead Silence »

true. but like i said. im not trying for anything spectacular. im just doing it to try it out.
Faith
MOEstradamus
Flow Creation
Flow Creation

Post by MOEstradamus »

good luck

Return to “The Lounge”