Refuse to lose-New Track

Release your best recorded material and let the world hear your talent. It doesn't matter what level you are on - you will get constructive feedback to increase your skills.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Forum rules
Embed your soundclick video players with [soundclick]Song Id[/soundclick]. You can also just put [soundclick]Embed Code[/soundclick].

Please go back and fix as many of your old songs as you want.
PeyotePearl
Potential Emcee

Refuse to lose-New Track

Post by PeyotePearl »

hey guys just putting up a new track yeah the audio quality sucks I'm working on that.

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/peyotepearl/refuse-to-lose[/soundcloud]
Phasewon
Rhyme Master
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

Re: Refuse to lose-New Track

Post by Phasewon »

To be nice... Or to be real... That is my dilemma... lol I'ma go with real since it will benefit you more in the long run, I think dudes sugercoat shit with you because you're a female, and although it's dope to see a young female spittin', I'ma feed this just as I would if you were a dude, in which case, this was wack, as you already admitted with the quality. BUT! I do see potential in the future, the lyrics is aight, keep working on that. I think your main problem at the moment is your quality, shit hurts my ears, do you know how to EQ and compress vocals? That makes all the difference from sounding amateur and professional. But obviously you're a beginner, the lyrical content will imrpove gradually over time, but in terms of mixing that can be easily learned with viewing some YouTube tutorials on EQ and compression, keep at it and keep practicing, your shit has potential.
PeyotePearl
Potential Emcee

Post by PeyotePearl »

Thanks for bein' real dawg and my boyfriend has a studio that I'll be recording in pretty soon. The lyrics on this weren't that great but if you check out some of my other tracks I can guarantee they're better than what they seem.
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
Losses: 14
No Shows: 2

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

she's a female? o.O jk, keep workin on it, you gotta jump out that vocal shell, its not the easiest thing but it's the most important, when it comes to improving on audio, to be honest i find the lyrics very unimportant, because if it doesn't sound worthy enough to listen to, no one's gonna pay attention to any of the lyrics, as artists we might but your average listener will not, you gotta give it some style and just go all out, once you finally pick up on the flow for beats and all that good stuff, then go back and focus on the material lyrically, and by that i don't just mean the message you're putting across on a track or the delivery but the actual complexity of the rhyme scheme, syllables count so count the syllables, but worry bout that later in the audio process, mixing is important i agree but mixing and cleaning up your track will not make you sound any more appealing to the ears, it's fairly easy once you understand the program and knowing what's needed to raised and lowered in volume and all that other crap, so once more, get some attitude, whether its layed back idgaf or pissed off ima kill someone type of shit, just find whatever works best with you and get your momentum

Return to “The Booth”