Phasewon- Flying Daggers

Release your best recorded material and let the world hear your talent. It doesn't matter what level you are on - you will get constructive feedback to increase your skills.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Forum rules
Embed your soundclick video players with [soundclick]Song Id[/soundclick]. You can also just put [soundclick]Embed Code[/soundclick].

Please go back and fix as many of your old songs as you want.
Phasewon
Rhyme Master
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

Phasewon- Flying Daggers

Post by Phasewon »

the-w-freestyle-studio-track-numba-2-vt ... ml#p191015
we-at-war-ft-anti-vt25633.html

Fucking around with the new mic, first recorded joint, ever.
[soundclick]<div style="width:473px; border:solid #999999 1px; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_ExtBG.png')">
<a href='http://www.soundclick.com/Phasewon'>
<div style="background-color:width:460px; height:45px; cursor:pointer; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_460.png');"></div></a>
<div id="lower"><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="60" width="473" data="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf" />
<param name="loop" value="false" />
<param name="menu" value="false" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<param name="flashvars" value="playType=single&songid=11511234&scid=11511234&q=hi&ext=1" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="salign" value="b" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
</object></div></div>[/soundclick]
littlefranky
Potential Emcee

Re: Phasewon- Flying Daggers

Post by littlefranky »

wut kinda mic is it?

this shit was pretty nice. i liked it. on that interesting dark hype. some coo lyrics in there too. definitely on that underground tip wit a coo sound to it. but still soundin original cuz i cant think of anybody u sound like. delivery matched the beat pretty well. at the same time, i feel like the delivery isnt fully shaped. i like where ur goin wit it tho and it sounds coo.
Cyan
Dedicated Emcee

Post by Cyan »

Damn ... The mixing in this is pretty interesting cause your voice is really deep and can't be easy to capture. But you did a good job with it. The writing is really playful and even though you don't have Eminems voice ... the flow, delivery, and rhyme scheme is very similiar to his earlier stuff ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xyn0t0zLPU

even the content. ... There's worse people to sound like though ... I could see fans of his really diggin' this.
Phasewon
Rhyme Master
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

Post by Phasewon »

'Preciate the feed, I'm open to any recording tips or suggestions, still getting the mixing and mastering shit down, mic: Blue Yeti, not bad.
AntiMaTTer
Army Of Three
Wins: 16
Losses: 1

Post by AntiMaTTer »

this shit was real proper. i checked this out a min ago and left a comment on the youtube video. sick as rhyme scheme and use of multis are nasty. the imagery is really vivid and shows some true lyricism. honestly sounds like your writing skills are better than mine.

IL record:
16-1
Majin
Potential Emcee

Post by Majin »

Yeah man I downloaded this track the first time I heard it, I'll contact DZK some time soon and see if he's down for collabing with you. It would be nice as fuck to see who can come harder on a track. Shit I'd ask Warbux to get in on this, but Idk about him..Dzk is the one to get a quicker response from.

After 2 or 3 paychecks I'll purchase another computer, and good recording equipment so we can see about getting something made.

Only thing I'd say is work on your delivery, at times it feels like you're talking a bit, but I still thought the track was sick.
Last edited by Majin on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AntiMaTTer
Army Of Three

Post by AntiMaTTer »

yea i mean DZK charges what like a hundred a something to collab? lmao dudes better off getting a collab with copywrite

IL record:
16-1
Majin
Potential Emcee

Post by Majin »

AntiMaTTer wrote:yea i mean DZK charges what like a hundred a something to collab? lmao dudes better off getting a collab with copywrite
Man I asked him like a year ago "how much would it cost to get you & warbux on a track" he replied something like "I usually charge 200 a verse, but with warbux he'd charge 150".

A bit pricey PER verse, but hopefully he'll give phase a free collab due to what he can bring to the table. I'll contact DZK when I get a chance, this (and the internet in general) is the LAST thing on my mind.

I'll do it tommorow more than likely.

:)
AntiMaTTer
Army Of Three

Post by AntiMaTTer »

or phase could battle him for a verse lmao

IL record:
16-1
Majin
Potential Emcee

Post by Majin »

Lol nah bro DZK wouldn't accept

All those tracks where you hear him coming hard were ghost written. Warbux already exposed him a while back when DZK made him mad.
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
Losses: 14
No Shows: 2

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

lol ^^ i wonder if that diss that DZK randomly made to me is still on the site
AntiMaTTer
Army Of Three

Post by AntiMaTTer »

The Architect wrote:lol ^^ i wonder if that diss that DZK randomly made to me is still on the site
LMFAO! not to clog homies thread...but wtf would DZK diss you fo? lol

IL record:
16-1
TheNobleOne
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 3

Post by TheNobleOne »

not sure if you do dubs. but to get your voice a little more out there i would go over the verse and have it slightly lower then your main verse, then do your regular dubs over the parts you want to emphasize. and im not sure if its my speakers but it seemed like at some parts it went in and out. but like you said you are just starting out, watch some tutorials and get some ideas for mixing. once you get that you will be good. lyrics are sick bro, really love the style.
Ambiguous Realm
Army Of Three
Wins: 46
Losses: 14
No Shows: 2

Post by Ambiguous Realm »

it sounded like he had dubs on some parts to me, where it was slightly off by a mili.sec, overall still a nice track as i mentioned in the writtens section, and to ANTI, he randomly just dissed me because a friend of his who was on the site that i audio battled who also no showed me asked him to, i think he compared me to a raptor as his insult to me idk lol, anyways lookin forward to more tracks from you phase
Lawgix
The Aphilliated Assasin
Wins: 14
Losses: 8

Post by Lawgix »

hell yeah my dude.... this shits fuckin dope as fuck... i'm surprised this is ur first drop... where the fuck u been bro???? this is real proper dude... hell yeah... like the black eminem honestly haha.... dunno if you are but yeah... this reminds me of some old school Em shit dude... good drop man.... keep droppin shit like this man... seriously haha
Don't Let The Game Make U, Make Urself

Lawgix

Illest Radio

"Sometimes You Gotta Stand By Your Failures To Recognize Your Success" Joe Budden

pest wrote:You look Easy... Whats Good?
AntiMaTTer wrote:lmao ...is this how you hit on all the chicks?

Return to “The Booth”