My first official track for my mixtape!

Release your best recorded material and let the world hear your talent. It doesn't matter what level you are on - you will get constructive feedback to increase your skills.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Forum rules
Embed your soundclick video players with [soundclick]Song Id[/soundclick]. You can also just put [soundclick]Embed Code[/soundclick].

Please go back and fix as many of your old songs as you want.
Seanny T
Dedicated Emcee
Losses: 3

My first official track for my mixtape!

Post by Seanny T »

heres the single for my mixtape comming up, will be released in a month or so...lemme know whatcha think :)

-- Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:43 pm --

idk y theres a 2 at the end of the track title...supposed to be just "Clubbin' It". oh well
Attachments
Seanny T- Clubbin' It 2.mp3
(2.83 MiB) Downloaded 376 times
Melt ice with my glare, freeze water with my stare
Cyan
Dedicated Emcee

Re: My first official track for my mixtape!

Post by Cyan »

So .. they mixing sounds good, the beats OK, but man ... You sound waaaayyyy too much like "Lonely Island" ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY

and they make comedy songs ... so your delivery is almost impossible to take seriously. I mean ... you have to hear the similarity right? Are you a fan of theirs? ...

I like how you attempted a bridge ... that's cool.

I mean .. there is stuff to like here for sure. I've heard way worse ... it's listenable ... but ... it's a bit rigid and the delivery sounds very familiar.
cyanidesyn
Lyrically Inclined
Wins: 1
Losses: 1

Post by cyanidesyn »

bro fuck rap get into pop cuz thats wat this sounds like cyan was bein nice cuz this shit is wack theres nothin catchy nothin that makes me wanna listen more real talk i listened 2 tha 1st verse n shut it off hes rite about lonely island u sound like andy samberg maybe u can get sum fans if u copy there style other then that u need hella work
Seanny T
Dedicated Emcee

Post by Seanny T »

aight well i appreciate the honestly, wasnt response i was lookin for tho lol. ah well. i tried to do a club track. to be honest, out of all the stuff i recorded its my least fav, and first track i got back from the home studio. but stay tuned for more cuz this song is the only one to sound like that.

-- Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:16 am --

and i guess i can hear the similarity, but no not really a fan and dont listen to alot of their stuff, iv heard the songs on the radio or their most popular ones like im on a boat and i just had sex.

-- Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:21 am --

cyanide, while i appreciate a) honestly and b) constructive feedback, i dont appreciate how you come across in your comment. look at cyans, then look at yours. who looks like a douche? ill give you a hint: you. this is one type of song i tired out, iv literally had mixed reactions on it from ppl, some saying its good and others its bad, so ill hafta wait longer to see more of the outcome. but trust me, im rap not pop, once u hear other songs im releasing you will understand. till then, dont judge my genre by one song. pce.
cyanidesyn
Lyrically Inclined
Wins: 1
Losses: 1

Post by cyanidesyn »

might sound like a douche but think about it this way i told u exactly how a record company would i dnt sugar coat shit
Lawgix
The Aphilliated Assasin
Wins: 14
Losses: 8

Post by Lawgix »

i gotta agree on both parts... with what both Cyans said lol... its catchy... but its not hip hop... this is Hip POP... cause you're rappin but with a poppy sound... and thats a sound i don't dig really... tho it was your first studio track i take it??? it sounds good... mixing is good on it... the stutter effect is played... i'm not gonna come at you like an asshole but i am gonna tell you that i really didn't enjoy this... i can see this in the club but if i were in there i'd probably tell the DJ to spin some other shit... poppy tracks aren't my forte... i don't like pop music... i can see this song on the top 40 of pop music cause like Cyan said it has a Lonely Island feel to it... but yeah... other than that... i do give you props however cause this DOES sound better than your previous tracks... keep droppin man...
Don't Let The Game Make U, Make Urself

Lawgix

Illest Radio

"Sometimes You Gotta Stand By Your Failures To Recognize Your Success" Joe Budden

pest wrote:You look Easy... Whats Good?
AntiMaTTer wrote:lmao ...is this how you hit on all the chicks?
Alvin
Sudonim Free
Wins: 8
No Shows: 1

Post by Alvin »

Mixed reviews is better than no reviews... Remember that.

Anyhow, I'm in midst PCS so just stopping by to hit you ul with a congratulations on getting this cracking FINALLY. Hope the rest of the tape comes along nicely.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Lawgix
The Aphilliated Assasin
Wins: 14
Losses: 8

Post by Lawgix »

Alvin wrote:Mixed reviews is better than no reviews... Remember that.

Anyhow, I'm in midst PCS so just stopping by to hit you ul with a congratulations on getting this cracking FINALLY. Hope the rest of the tape comes along nicely.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
what he also forgot to mention is he wanted a feature haha...
Don't Let The Game Make U, Make Urself

Lawgix

Illest Radio

"Sometimes You Gotta Stand By Your Failures To Recognize Your Success" Joe Budden

pest wrote:You look Easy... Whats Good?
AntiMaTTer wrote:lmao ...is this how you hit on all the chicks?
Seanny T
Dedicated Emcee

Post by Seanny T »

haha yea its my first track from the studio, and i know any feedback is better than no feedback. and lol well if anyone wants a feature they r welcome to hit me up. im makin a song with pest, hopefully anyway cuz we r just gettin it started, im just doin the chorus tho its all i want. and i got a song with jayzon_black, the prime time song...and a song with jayzon again with antimatter, im just waiting for anti's chorus on the beat so i can finish my verses. anyway, ya i see where ppl r comin from, but this is the ONLY song like this so dont worry haha. the rest r alot better. i might get this track on a univercity radio too.
bogert
Rookie

Post by bogert »

I like the surrounding of music and the beats..Really a nice one!
Seanny T
Dedicated Emcee

Post by Seanny T »

thanks bogert, and yea mixtapes on hold due to college shit but after april im sitting down and finishing it all! get ready! haha

Return to “The Booth”