New Song.. First Verse & Chorus.. Written.. Feedback Yo

Release your best recorded material and let the world hear your talent. It doesn't matter what level you are on - you will get constructive feedback to increase your skills.

Moderator: Loon E Lou

Forum rules
Embed your soundclick video players with [soundclick]Song Id[/soundclick]. You can also just put [soundclick]Embed Code[/soundclick].

Please go back and fix as many of your old songs as you want.
LetzGetMoney
Rookie

New Song.. First Verse & Chorus.. Written.. Feedback Yo

Post by LetzGetMoney »

[soundclick]9419247[/soundclick]

I know the chorus needs to be a lil louder..kinda liked it lower n more part of tha beat. iono.. can i get a 1-5
Lawgix
The Aphilliated Assasin
Wins: 14
Losses: 8

Re: New Song.. First Verse & Chorus.. Written.. Feedback Yo

Post by Lawgix »

all i can say is.... wow.... how much was the mic ur usin??? the audio is horrible... beats WAY too loud... and that chick singin can't sing so tell her to STOP SINGING!!! i'm sure somewhere in the world right now Haley Williams just had a seizure because of that chorus that girl sang... its a 1 if a 1 is low then its a 1...
Don't Let The Game Make U, Make Urself

Lawgix

Illest Radio

"Sometimes You Gotta Stand By Your Failures To Recognize Your Success" Joe Budden

pest wrote:You look Easy... Whats Good?
AntiMaTTer wrote:lmao ...is this how you hit on all the chicks?
FlipSide
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

Post by FlipSide »

dam lawgix u went hard at him.... i think ur flow is descent... all u need is a better mic. I think it would be descent.. but for real the quality is wack...other than that.. the female could have been descent if the mic allowed her voice to come thru... the key word here is INVESTMENT..in production and a microphone...
BANG BANG!!!! I Shot U Down
̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪•)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ -
LetzGetMoney
Rookie

Post by LetzGetMoney »

any brand of mic you guys would recommend? wat bout gettin the screen for it?
Lawgix
The Aphilliated Assasin

Post by Lawgix »

-EDIS-PILF- wrote:the female could have been descent if the mic allowed her voice to come thru...
the female coulda been better if she could actually SING!!!

Lawgix

Illest Radio

"Sometimes You Gotta Stand By Your Failures To Recognize Your Success" Joe Budden

LetzGetMoney
Rookie

Post by LetzGetMoney »

man get yo hatin ass out my post duke.. all you do is run that mouth.. shut tha fuck up mark ass hoe
Lawgix
The Aphilliated Assasin

Post by Lawgix »

LetzGetMoney wrote:man get yo hatin ass out my post duke.. all you do is run that mouth.. shut tha fuck up mark ass hoe
lmfao... k u don't like honest opinions then its all good :)

Lawgix

Illest Radio

Onediversekid
Elite Freestyler
Wins: 6
Losses: 5

Post by Onediversekid »

I think if you learned how to produce your vocal tracks a little better, you could make the quality sound half decent. I would recommend getting a new mic, but from what I can tell, you can still do a lot with the mic you have.

The chorus is too quiet to really judge whether or not that girl can actually sing. I think you should bring the volume up a bit, cuz it comes across as sounding bad when you can't really hear it.

Anyways, hope that helps you out a bit.
Kurse
(Admin)
Wins: 27

Post by Kurse »

Alright...so we have obvious problems with this track that others have already mentioned. We already know...

-The mixing is poor
-The mic is cheap
...and...
-The girl isn't that great of a vocalist

...but let's go deeper into this. Your vocals are way too loud. I can tell just by the blaring sound of your voice that you were wayyyyy in the RED. In otherwords...you were so loud, that your vocals were clipping. And that's a huge NO-NO in the sound engineering world. When you're clipping, that's what causes popping noises, clicks and other various distortion in your recorded material. You need to either back away from the mic, or tone down the way you spit your lyrics a notch...but you have to do 1 of the 2.

My nigga Flip is right though...investment is key when you're looking to improve your sound and presentation. Michael Jackson's ghost couldn't even make $15 microphone sound good if he tried! Stay away from using computer mics, head-set mics, boom mics, stage mics & performance mics. When it comes to vocal recordings...get yourself a condensed microphone with XLR in-puts, A low-frequency vocal cable and for extra crispness...something to plug into that accomodates "Phantom" power. (also be sure to always have your mic on a stand and a pop-filter)...if you doo these things, your quality will leap up by 1,000,000%

...yes...I said a million percent!

For a mic suggestion...MXL sells very good quality mics that aren't too rediculously expensive.

As for the chorus...find someone else to do it. Nuff said. I'm not hatin...I'm just sayin that ol' girl is no Mariah Carrey by any means.

And just a side opinion. When you make a track...make sure that the concept of the song fits the feel of the instrumental. This playa-playa concept, and everything you were talkin about during your verse didn't fit the beat at all. The beat and the lyrics go hand-in-hand...if they don't compliment eachother well, then you have a disaster. Which is pretty much what we had here. (no offense) Listen to your beats carefully, and let them tell you what direction the song should go. (atleast that's what I do)

Out of a score of 10...I can omly give this a 3. Keep grindin though.
FlipSide
Flow Creation
Flow Creation
Wins: 0

Post by FlipSide »

makes me wanna go spend some money!
BANG BANG!!!! I Shot U Down
̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪•)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ -

Return to “The Booth”